When it comes to replacing missing teeth in your mouth, you have a number of options, including dentures, crowns, dental implants, and more. There are many benefits and downsides to each option. Here are five reasons to choose dental implants over other replacement options:
- Stable: Dental implants are a bit more stable than other replacement options. This is because the dental implants are surgically screwed into the jaw bone instead of simply sitting on top like dentures would. This means that there is not need to worry about adhesive failing to stick, slipping of the teeth, or falling out. You can eat and drink with dental implants as normal.
- Preserves Jaw Bone: When you lose any teeth in your mouth, you are going to suffer from a weakened jaw bone. Over time, the jaw bone will begin to shrink because it is no longer able to stay strong and supported by the teeth that were once there. Jaw bones are stimulated and stay strong because of the chewing process. When you have dental implants, you can continue to allow your jaw bone to receive this stimulation.
- Improves Comfort: Your comfort levels with dental implants will be higher than with other replacement options because it won't just be sitting on top of the jaw bone causing shrinkage and allowing the nerves to be exposed and, thus more sensitive.
- Improves Speech: When you don't have any teeth, your speech is going to be affected. It won't be as natural and you are likely to suffer from a lisp. When you have something like dentures as a replacement option, you are still going to have difficultly with normal, natural speech. This is because your jaw is going to tighten when speaking to help hold the dentures in place. With dental implants, you won't have to worry about this tension and you can speak with a normal and relaxed tone.
- Stain Resistant: The best thing about dental implants is that they are made of porcelain and are, thus, said resistant. They will appear to be your natural teeth and you won't have to worry about cleaning them any differently than you would your normal teeth.
By knowing these five reasons to consider dental implants over other replacement options, you can be sure that you end up with the best possible solution for your missing teeth. You can continue to be confident in your smile and happy with the function of your teeth. For more information, contact companies like Schirmer Dentistry.Share